Pages

Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Granola


This is a recipe that my sister gave me...and I have no idea where she found it. It is very good...it has such good flavor. I ate this every day for snacks when I was pregnant...the molasses added just enough extra iron to my diet to keep me feeling good!
*4 cups Gluten Free Oats (we use Red Mill)
* 1/2 cup dried Coconut
* 1 cup Nuts (we skip this due to nut allergies)
*2/3 cup Brown Sugar (1cup white+1Tbsp molasses)
* 1 tsp Cinnamon
* 1 tsp Ginger
* 1/2 tsp Allspice or Nutmeg
* 1/4 tsp Cloves
* 1/4 cup Molasses
* 1/3 Oil
* 1 tsp Vanilla
* 1/3 cup crystallized Ginger or Raisins (optional)

*Warm oven to 250'
* In big bowl combine oats, coconut, nuts, sugar and spices~ mix well
* Whisk together molasses, oil and vanilla
* Stir wet into dry~ stir well
* Spread into pan and bake 60-75 min~ be sure to stir every 15 min to prevent burning!
* After cools add whatever dried fruit you want. Store in airtight container.

No comments: