Pages

Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Gluten Free Soft Taco Shells...

These are soft and very tasty soft taco shells. My daughter enjoys eating these plain as a snack. They are quick and easy to mix up. This recipe only makes about 8 tortillas...so if making for a crowd be sure to double it!
 -3/4 cup flour blend
- 1/2 tsp xanthan gum
- 3/4 cup masa harina
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 Tbsp shortening
- 1/2 cup warm water {I used more}

* Mix fours, xanthan and salt together
- add shortening- mix in with a fork
- slowly add warm water to mixture while mixing
- knead dough until smooth
- cover with towel and let rest for 30 min
- after 30 min divide in 8-10 parts
- roll into a ball. Using a press or rolling pin, flatten ball between 2 sheets of wax paper- roll quite thin
- Cook each tortilla over medium heat in non-stick skillet for 20 seconds on each side
- keep pressing air bubbles out with spatula
{cooking in skillet...I kept my tortillas fairly small. I love the un-even edges!}

No comments: